Software Product Engineer Job Summary
At Cloudocracy we believe we are committed to making the Internet a safer place to work, learn, develop relationships, and enjoy. The emergence of blockchain and distributed ledger technologies has opened the possibility of restoring trust and security to the Internet in ways we could not have imagined before. We and our technical partners are working together to build and implement solutions in identity ecosystems, data security, supply chain management, payment ecosystems human resources management, health care and health research translation, and education.
As a Software Product Engineer at Cloudocracy, you’ll have the opportunity to define, develop and implement these solutions for customers around the world in business and government, working with a diverse team of technical, business, and creative professionals. You will have the opportunity to make a real difference in the world while pursuing challenging and rewarding assignments and making a comfortable living.
We’re in search of a Software Product Engineer who’s a Swiss Army knife and jack of all trades, understanding the nuances of Lean Principles, Lean Thinking, alternative business models including tokenization but at times transitioning seamlessly between front and backend coding. We hope you will be both experienced in and passionate about the potential for blockchain and distributed ledger technologies to transform our online lives. You would be especially well positioned if you have experience in our strongest areas – around CORDA smart contract platform network, payment systems like STRIPE, and/or Hyperledger Aries/Indy identity ecosystems.
Software Product Engineer Responsibilities:
- Concepting, creating and building web and mobile apps applied to innovative busines. Models alongside our graphic design team, including taking designer wireframes and magically turning them into effective code.
- Working through the product UI/UX lifecycle to launch.
- Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture.
- Developing functional databases, applications and servers to support our websites on the back end.
- Coding for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels.
- Leading and developing best practices for the Software Product development team.
- Integrating RESTful services and APIs.
- Managing database administration and hosting duties.
- Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary.
- Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
- Someone who identifies with the core values and philosophy of self-sovereign identity, namely privacy, autonomy, and individual dignity
Software Product Engineer Requirements:
- 7+ year’s working experience as a Product Engineer and one or more of the following preferred:
- 2+ years experience with Hyperledger Aries/Indy
- 2+ years experience with smart-contract development e.g. Hyperledger Fabric, CORDA, Ethereum
- 2+ years experience with cloud environments: MS Azure (preferred) and/or AWS
- 2+ years experience in mobile applications (IOS/Wallet, Android/Wallet)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (preferred).
- Strong knowledge of Linux, PHP and MySQL, with working understanding of MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Vue.js, AngularJS.
- Experience in working with languages such as .NET, Python, C#, Rust, PHP or Ruby.
- Experience working with server technologies including Apache, Node.js
- Experience in API design and development.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving.
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or unsupervised as required.